How to Post an Event?
Events that are sponsored or hosted by, or in collaboration with a campus unit, college, department, or student organization may be posted by a member of the sponsoring group. The event may be limited to only one constituency group (such as students, staff, parents, or alumni) but should generally be University-wide in scope. Listed events may be for internal or external audiences, or both. The calendar delegate for the requested calendar heading will determine if the event request meets these guidelines.
Guidelines for Posting an Event
Select which calendar is most appropriate for your event:
- Alumni, Friends & Retirees
- Arts & Culture
- Career Programs
- Conferences & Seminars
- Prospective Students
- Recreation, Health & Fitness
- Student Life
E-mail your request to the calendar manager (listed below) for that calendar. If you are unsure where your event belongs, you can post it the "All Campus Events" category by submitting your event information to the University Calendar Office [Event Submission Form].
Event postings must include:
- title of event
- start and end dates; start and end times
- sponsoring department or organization
- contact name, e-mail, campus address, and phone
Please keep in mind that adding an event to a University calendar does not schedule the event. Events should be added to the calendar only after the proper approvals have been obtained for the space and the time. An event's presence on the calendar has no relationship to the approval process.
The calendar managers listed below are responsible for the accuracy and content of the events listed in their respective calendars. To post an event to a calendar, contact the appropriate calendar manager:
- Academic: Robert Kubat
- All Events: Marta Read (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alumni, Friends & Retirees: Chad Johnson (email@example.com)
- Arts & Culture: Jennifer Molden (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Athletics: Marcia Iles (email@example.com)
- Career Services: Rosie Cochran (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Conferences & Seminars: Marta Read (email@example.com)
- Prospective Students: Dianne Bell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Recreation, Health & Fitness: Eric Smoldt (email@example.com)
- Student Life: Cheryl Brantley (Brantley@purdue.edu)
Some events may need to be posted on more than one calendar. In such cases, the sponsoring department is responsible for requesting the multiple posting.